· Which Is the Best Decking Material: Wood or Composite? Although the installation price for a composite is definitely going to be more than wood, the actual cost over time is a good deal closer. This is because wood decks require more maintenance. Subject: Deck wood vs composite.
· A deck can last anywhere from 10 to 30 years if made from untreated wood and can last as long as 50 years for treated wood or composite materials. Because a deck is a long-term investment and you will be enjoying it for decades to come, it's important to understand your choice of materials before
· $10K Deck: Wood Vs. Composite *This post is sponsored by Wood, Naturally. The composite cost us $7000. It was 1000 sq. feet, yes 1000 sq ft We did the labor ourselves. Composite has really come down in price and it also adds value to your home. I am so happy to not be a slave to the wood
The cost of a wood deck will vary according to your location, the type of wood used and size of the deck built. Upkeep Wood decks require upkeep, with lower end decking needing a bit more elbow grease than higher end products.
Just the facts, wood vs composite NexGEN is the clear winner. NexGEN composites reflect the beauty of natural and exotic hardwoods with subtle streaking
· Wood is still the king of decking materials, but the widespread acceptance and availability of manufactured "plastic" lumber has continued to grow among DIYers and professional deck builders alike.
The Last Word on Composite vs Wood Decking For some homeowners, the price will be the most critical consideration. Talking with your deck pro can offer some great options you may not find on your own.
The first question for your new custom deck often relates to the materials. It can be tough to make a call between treated wood and composite deck boards, but when you add cedar decking to the mix, you have even more factors to consider.
· Building with wood specifically, pressure-treated lumber is half the cost of building with composite materials. Compare deck designs below to see what $10,000 will get you with wood vs. composite